Enhancing your appearance with eyelid surgery:
Cosmetic eyelid surgery, called blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both, restoring firmness to the area surrounding the yes and making you look more rested and alert. Specifically, eyelid surgery in Bloomington, Illinois, can treat:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or hides the natural contour of the upper eyelid
- Excess skin that hangs down from the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
An incision within the natural crease of the upper eyelid allows access to remove excess skin, muscle, and underlying fatty tissue. Using an incision inside the lower eyelid, fat is removed or redistributed and muscle modified to correct a baggy lower eyelid. An incision just below the lower lash line allows excess skin to be removed.
Bruising should subside in 5-10 days and swelling should subside in 2-4 weeks. Final results may appear in 1-2 months. Incision lines will continue to refine and fade for one year.
We welcome you to contact our plastic surgeon, Dr. Otis Allen, today at Institute for Plastic Surgery to learn more.